Chris Albon is the Director of Machine Learning at the Wikimedia Foundation. Before that, Chris was the Director of Data Science in three previous roles and founded Yonder AI, which was acquired in 2022. He has worked on social and humanitarian tech projects for over ten years, including disaster relief, healthcare, humanitarian aid, anti-correction, conservation, and free knowledge. Chris has a Ph.D. in quantitative political science from the University of California, Davis.
- [Email](mailto:[email protected]
- **Director of Machine Learning**, [Wikimedia Foundation](https://wikimediafoundation.org/), June 2020 - Present
- **Advisor**, [BaseTen](https://www.baseten.co), August 2021 - 2022
- **Director of Data Science**, [Devoted Health](http://www.devoted.com/), July 2018 - April 2020
- **Director of Data Science**, [BRCK](https://www.brck.com/), June 2017 - July 2018
- **Co-founder**, [Yonder AI](https://primer.ai/products/yonder/), 2015 - 2016
- **Director of Data Science**, [Ushahidi](http://www.ushahidi.com), 2013 - 2015
- **Project Director**, [FrontlineSMS](http://www.frontlinesms.com), 2011 - 2013
- **Author**, [Machine Learning Flashcards](http://machinelearningflashcards.com/), 2018 - Present
- Created handmade digital flashcards describing concepts in machine learning
- Sold over 20,000 copies.
- **Creator**, [ChrisAlbon.com](https://chrisalbon.com), 2015 - 2022
- Created one of the most popular Python and Machine Learning tutorial sites online
- Personally wrote 700 technical tutorials on Python, Pandas, Scala, SQL, Scikit-Learn, Keras, PyTorch, command line, and more
- Served over 20,000 unique visitors every weekday
- 700 tutorials were donated to [FreeCodeCamp](https://www.freecodecamp.org) in 2022 and the site was closed down
- **Author**, [Machine Learning With Python Cookbook](https://amzn.to/2HwnWty), [O’Reilly Media](https://www.oreilly.com/), 2018
- Authored the Python machine learning book in O'Reilly Media's cookbook series
- Book is a highly regarded desk reference for working data scientists with 4.6 stars on Amazon
- **Co-founder & Co-host**, [Partially Derivative](http://www.partiallyderivative.com), 2014 - 2017
- Co-founded a popular podcast on data science and machine learning.
- [**Don't Do Invisible Work**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=HiF83i1OLOM), NormConf, 2022
- [**More Ethical Machine Learning Using Model Cards At Wikimedia**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4GMq7MC7Js&feature=emb_title), apply(conf), 2022
- [**Keynote**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSrRrqxOGHk), TWIML, 2021
- [**MLOps At Wikimedia**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKVR5RYkqnc), DataCamp, MLOps.community, 2021
- [**ML Models And Infrastructure At Wikimedia**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1flCSH_n9k), Weights And Biases, 2021
- [**Devoted Health And Data Science**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsZIgulTi8), Google Cloud Tech, 2019
- [**Getting Your First Data Science Job**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxptIfS1PM0), DataCamp, 2018
- [**How To Learn Data Science**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxptIfS1PM0), Metis Data Science Training, 2017
- **Ph.D., Political Science**, University of California, Davis. 2012
- Dissertation: Statistical modeling of rebel and government behavior towards health systems.
- **M.A., Political Science**, University of California, Davis. 2010
- **B.A.**, University of Miami, Miami, FL. 2006
- Triple majored in political science, international studies, and religious studies.